Single Fiber Fast Ethernet Standalone WDM / BiDi Fiber Media Converter, 2-port Fiber & 6-port RJ45, Tx:1310nm/Rx:1550nm, Singlemode, 20km
This ethernet media converter can interconvert electrical signals of 10Base-T and 100Base-TX twisted pairs with optical signals of 100Base-FX. It extends the network transmission distance from 100m via copper cables to 120km via fiber optical cable. It enables the data to transmit in two different mediums of electrical and optical networks either by the technology of data link L2 store-and-forward, or by the one of PHY L1 cut-through). It supports transmission in multi-mode dual fiber, single-mode dual fiber, single-mode single fiber.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x auto-negotiation
- Extends distances ranging from 2km (multi-mode fiber) to 120km (single mode fiber)
- Auto-negotiation support on RJ-45 port
- Auto-negotiation of duplex(HDX/FDX) on RJ-45 port
- Auto MDI/MDI-X support on RJ-45 port
- Status LED's for TX,FX LINK/ACT, POWER,100M to easily monitor network status
- External power supply
- Supports packet length up to 1600 bytes
- FCC Class A & CE approved
|Standards||IEEE802.3 10Base-T, IEEE802.3u 100Base-TX ,100Base-FX|
|Distance||Category-5 twisted pair: 100m|
|Interface||6 x Ethernet port (RJ45) 10/100Base-Tx|
2 x Optical port (1x9) 100Base-Fx: Simplex SC/FC/ST
|Conversion Means||Media conversion, store-and-forward/cut-through|
|MAC Address Table||1K|
|Flow Control||Full duplex: flow control;|
Half duplex: back pressure
|Delay||Store-and-forward: 9.6μs; cut-through: 0.9μs|
|LED Indicators||Power, FDX, Status, Speed, FX Link/Act, TX Link/Act|
|Power Supply||DC5V 1A (external), AC220 0.5A/DC-48 (internal)|
|Operating Humidity||5%~90% RH|
|Maintaining Humidity||5% ~ 90% RH|
1. Extend the network distance between two UTP switches
Two Fast Ethernet Media Converters can extend the distance between UTP Switches across a fiber link up to 120km in length.
2. Interconnect a UTP Switch with a Fiber Switch
A media converter can interconnect a UTP copper based Switch port to a remote switch that has integrated fiber.
3. Direct Connection between two remote devices
With a pair of Fast Ethernet Media Converters two devices, such as file servers, can be connected up to 120km away across a fiber link.
4. Enterprise Infrastructure using Fiber Optics
Create a fiber infrastructure for your enterprise network without any wholesale replacement of existing copper-based equipment.