NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express server ethernet adapters are PCI Express network interface cards that contain Multiple / Single independent Gigabit Ethernet port/s on a PCI Express adapter.
NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express server adapters are second-generation solution for high performance Server Network application. NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Servers adapters are based on Broadcom BCM5715 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet controllers that feature an industry first support for PCI Express server Adapters.
The NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express server adapters solution is designed for Servers and high-end appliances. The performance is optimized so that system I/O is not the bottleneck in high-performance networking applications.
Reliability, Availability, Serviceability
NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express server adapters enables fault-tolerant via teaming. Traffic from the failed port is routed through up to seven other members of the team.
NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express servers adapters include software that offers the industry best performance and features. VLAN (802.1q) allow traffic segregation and data privacy. Support of 802.1p traffic prioritization gives administrations ability to offer Quality of Service (QOS) on the network.
NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Servers adapters have an integrated hardware acceleration that performs TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload and TCP segmentation. The host processing offloads accelerators frees CPU for application processing.
NIC-9712PF Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Servers adapters are the ideal solution for implementing multiple network segments, mission-critical high-powered networking applications and environments within high performance servers.
Fiber Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-SX) Adapters
Independently Fiber Gigabit Ethernet channel/s support Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-SX
Small Form Factor (SFF) LC Connectors
- Host Interface standard support PCI Express 1.0a
- High performance, reliability, and low power use in Broadcom 5715 dual integrated MAC + PHY / SERDES chip controller
- Ultra deep packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization
- Dual high speed RISC processor per channel for advanced packet classification
- Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation
Server class reliability, availability and performance features
- Link Aggregation and Load Balancing
- Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
- Switch and NIC Independent
- Priority queuing 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding
- Virtual LANs 802.1q VLAN tagging
- Jumbo Frame (9KB).
- 802.x flow control.
- Boot ROM embedded or optional can be used for Boot ROM applications.
- PCI Power Management Interface (v1.1)
- Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
- LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status
- Interface Standard: PCI Express Base Specification Revision 1.0
- PCI Express Card Type: X4 Lane
- PCI Express Voltage: +3.3V -9%
- Controller: Broadcom BCM5715S
- IEEE Standard / Network topology: Fiber Gigabit Ethernet, 1000Base-SX (850nM)
- Cables and Operating distance: MMF, 220m at 62.5 um, 550m at 50 um
- Optical Output Power: Typical: -6 dBm, Minimum: -9.5 dBm
- Optical Receive Sensitivity: Typical: -21 dBm, Maximum: -17 dBm
- Operating Temperature: 0 Centigrade - 50 Centigrade
- Storage Temperature: -20 Centigrade - 50 Centigrade
- Operating Relative Humidity: 0% to 95%, non condensing
- Non-Operating Relative Humidity: 0% to 95%, non condensing
- Operating Vibration: 0.2G, 5-200 Hz for 30 minutes
- Non-Operating Vibration: 0.2G, 5-200 HZ for 30 minuets
- Safety standards: UL 60950-1
- (2) LEDs per port
- Link: Turns on link (green)
- Act: Blinks on activity (green)
- LEDs location: LEDs are located on the PCB, visible via holes in the metal bracket holder
- Connectors: Small Form Factor (SFF) LC
Operating Systems Support
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows98 / WindowsXP
- SCO Open Server
- UnixWare / OpenUnix 8