The NIC-9712PT PCI Express Dual RJ45 TOE server adapters are network interface cards that contain multiple / single independent Gigabit Ethernet port/s. The Silicom PCI Express TOE server adapters provide a fully integrated up to Layer 5 solution along with a complete Gigabit Ethernet port/s.
The NIC-9712PT Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express TOE server adapter is a high performance server network application. The NIC-9712PT Dual RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express TOE server adapters are based on Broadcom TOE controller features an industry first support for single chip TOE Gigabit Ethernet NIC with TCP / IP offload Engine, RDMA NIC (RNIC)-, iSCSI 1.0- /iSER HBA.
TCP Offload Engine
The NIC-9712PT Dual RJ45 TOE server adapters include dedicated hardware and processors to process the frame that traverse it functionality. On the transmit path, the TOE controller Copied the data directly from the highest hierarchy of buffers available, execute the TCP/IP, adds lower level headers. On the receive, path, the TOE controller process frame up to the highest layer supported present in the frame, removes lower level headers, posts the data directly to application buffers. The transmit and the receive TOE functionality relieves the host CPI from the from these time consuming operations.
The NIC-9712PT Dual RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express TOE server adapters enable convergence of all networked communication possible in a server, such as data network (LAN), storage network, or file ( CIFS / NFS), clustering for high performance commuting or inter process communication by support of RDMA- over TCP. The NIC-9712PT Dual RJ45 TOE server adapter is a convergence networking interface card and allows one network connection to provide access to all information types. The NIC-9712PT TOE Gigabit Ethernet server adapters can simultaneously support the following functions:
- TOE Chimney- enabled network accelerator
- RDMA Network Interface Controller ( RNIC)-
- iSCSI or iSER Host Bus Adapter ( HBA) -
Reliability, Availability, Serviceability
The NIC-9712PT Dual RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express TOE server adapters enables fault-tolerant via teaming. Traffic from the failed port is routed through up to seven other members of the team.
The NIC-9712PT Dual RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express TOE server adapters are the ideal solution for implementing multiple network segments, mission-critical high-powered networking applications and environments within high performance servers.
- Interface Standard: PCI Express Base Specification Revision 1.0a
- Board Size: PCI Low profile Short Add in card 167.64mm X 68.91 mm
- PCI Express Card Type: X4 Lane
- PCI Express Voltage: +3.3V 9% + 12 8%
- PCI Connector: X4 Lane
- Controller: Broadcom BCM5709C
- Holder: Metal Bracket
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 50 Centigrade
- Storage Temperature: -20 - 65 Centigrade
- (2) LEDs per port
- Link Activity: Turns on any link speed, blinks on activity (green). Speed (Bi-color) Led:
- 100Mbits/s: Turns on Yellow
- 1000Mbit/s: Turns on Green
- LEDs location: LEDs are integrated on RJ-45 connector
- Connectors: Shielded RJ-45
Operating Systems Support
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit(64-bit)
- Windows 7 32-bit(64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 32-bit(64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit(64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 32-bit(64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5
- UnixWare / OpenUnix 8
- Sun Solaris x86
- OS Independent